Certified Yoga Instructor 200 HR-RYT
Certified AeroZen Aerial Yoga Instructor
Latavia began using yoga as part of her journey of healing and treating Interstitial Cystitis and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction. At the time, she didn't realize the powerful impact yoga would have on her life. In 2017 she received her 200-hour yoga certification from Evolve to Harmony with Carole Westerman. While studying for her certification she discovered aerial yoga and her body was amazed by the release it experienced in the yoga hammock. She received her AeroZen aerial yoga certification from Zen Body in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 2018 where she learned to bring yoga to flight. Latavia is constantly expanding her practice and continuing her education in 300-hour yoga certification. She strives to make all of her classes a positive and welcoming experience for students of all levels.
Latavia Dunn instructs the following:
Intro to Aerial Yoga
Intro to Aerial Yoga is a beginner friendly class which combines traditional yoga postures with non-traditional yoga movements in an aerial yoga silk or hammock. The use of the hammock will support or suspend you to ease pressure, create space in your joints, decrease compression in your spine, and help you find more mobility. Join us for a fun and effective way to gain strength and flexibility, improve the mind-body connection and feel more open and free!
Benefits of Aerial Yoga:
* Decompression of the spine and tight joints
* Increased core strength
* Increased flexibility and balance
* Improved posture and alignment
* Complete relaxation
* Deeper stretches, with less straining
* Overall muscular strengthening
* Increased self-esteem
We are excited for you to come “fly” with us!
Please read the following tips to help you enjoy your class.
- Wear form-fitting, but comfortable, clothes. Loose or baggy clothing can make it difficult to move and has the potential to get snagged or tangled in the hammock’s mechanisms.
- Be barefoot. No shoes!
- Drink plenty of water, and don’t eat a heavy meal before class.
- Avoid soft drinks and other acidic liquid before class. These might cause an upset stomach while performing the upside-down movements.
- Skip the hand lotion. It might stick to the hammock, or make it harder for you to maintain your grip.
- Please remove jewelry, rings, watches, necklaces and anything else that can rip into or get tangled in the hammock.
- Be considerate toward your instructor and classmates. Stay focused and attentive. Absolutely no cell phones.
- A 24 cancellation is required. 24 – hour advanced notice is required to change or cancel an appointment without charge. Appointments may be cancelled by phone, email, in person, or by logging into your account at www.pilatescenterofomaha.com.